sockdreams.com is such a dangerous website omg you can drop so much money within the blink of an eye
I NEED ALL OF THEM
for you and me who experience artblock..
keep on drawing!
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT OMG
You know…sometimes I feel like…”Man, I wish my art was good enough. I wish people loved my art…I wish I was this good…etc..etc.” Then I see posts like this…and I remember why I draw so much. Because I like doing it. I love drawing. And I am getting better and better!! I don’t think I will ever stop. Even if people don’t appreciate my work like I do…and I know that sounds conceited—but I am really proud of myself. I’ve come a long way. Instead of comparing my drawings to other peoples…I will start comparing my drawings to my previous ones…see how much better I get!! :)
this what people tend to forget..
stop comparing your art to others, but start comparing your art to previous one to see how much you advance.
thank you for the reminder my friend :)
Hey Anon! Sorry I took so long to answer this—I wanted to do something more in-depth over just a ‘ok draw a circle now MAKE IT AWSUM.’ I also tried to recall from other tutorials stuff in them I didn’t feel like they spoke about.
also—I’m very sorry I don’t have more advice to give about ears. I am not completely confident with them yet! Gotta keep practicing.
As always, I am not 100% correct on everything, so feel free to use what you want and ignore what you don’t want!
Here’s some more tutorials on noses and ears that might be helpful, if this one isn’t:
broadfields asked you: Could you possibly do a mouth tutorial? Unless you’ve already done so. In that case, possibly pointing me in the right direction? :]
I wash my hands of this. It’s evidence of my piss-poor design skills.
This is why I normally draw skulls first and then a face on top of it.
Of course I would reblog this are you all daft
God i love mouths and teeth
my latest illustration! an ode to my troubled love/hate relationship with clutter.
REBLGBSLE FOR ANON Oh i added a bit more bc i was half asleep last night UM I DON”T THINK I’m the best at drawing ahds at all so yeah listen only if u think it helps !!
UMM FOR HANDS I FOUND THIS ARTIST VERY USEFUL!
quick doodle of this super cute school girl i saw in town today.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ